8x10 Gable Shed Plans
Emailed Plans: $14.99
(8 1/2" x 11" Emailed PDF
Postal Mailed Plans: $20.99
(8 1/2" x 11" Postal mailed)
Buy E-MAILED Version
Buy POSTAL-MAILED Version
All Our Shed Plans Feature:
- FREE - How To Build A Shed eBook included with every shed plans purchase.
- Cost Effective - Our shed plans are designed to make your shed simple and inexpensive to build.
- Easy To Build From - Professionally drawn with step by step instructions to show both an old pro or a first time framer how to build a shed. (see the plans example below).
- Start Now - Instant download - The shed plans are emailed to you when you purchase so you can start immediately. We use the free PDF file format so you can print them on your home printer or we can postal mail them to you.
- Materials List - Easily get bids and use the list numbering system to know what part goes where.
The 8x10 storage shed plans include:
- 6'-5" wall height - This is the most cost effective wall height because it saves on material and allows the home built shed door to be on any wall.
- Home Built Doors - 4' wide home built door. For sheds with pre-hung door visit our Large Sheds Pages.
- Multiple Door Options - Drawings explaining how to build the door on the end or sides of the shed.
- 5 Foundations - Skid, concrete slab, poured concrete pier, concrete block pier, precast pier.
Optional door configurations included with the 8x10 shed plans
8x10 Gable Shed Plans Floor Plan
8x10 Gable Shed Plans Exterior Elevations
8x10 Gable Shed Plans Include The Following:
- Alternalte Options: The shed plans have alternate drawings for the door on the end or sides.
- Materials List: The 8x10 garden shed plans come with a complete materials list that is broken down by parts of the shed.
- 5 Foundations: There are 5 different foundations are included in the plans; Wood skid, Concrete slab, Concrete Block Pier, Poured Concrete Pier and Precast pier.
- Floor: 2x8 floor joists with 3/4" floor sheathing.
- Walls Framing: 2x4 framing at 16" on center with a double top plate, just like a home is framed.
- Wall Height: The shed wall height is 6'-7.
- Door: Home Built Door: 3'-10 1/2" x 5'-10 1/2" door is built using sandwich construction for strength and durability. Our door plan shows you how to build a shed door that will outlive the shed. The shed door is built using a 2x4 inner frame faced on the inside with 1/2" O.S.B. and on the outside there is a layer of T-111 to match the rest of the shed. We use 3 hinges on the doors and the screws go into the inner 2x4 frame of the door to give extra strength.
- Siding:T1-11 siding or similar 4'x8' wood or cement panel siding is specified but you can use any siding you like.
- Roof: The roof is framed using 2x4's to build the trusses. It is sheeted with 1/2" O.S.B. The plans give you the dimensions and cut angles so you can build the roof rafters on the ground and then put them up on the top plates.
- Roof Pitch: 4/12, this means that for every 4 inches of rise there is 12 inches of run horizontally.
- Roof Overhang: 4" on the sides and 1" on the front and back.
- Roofing: 25 year asphalt shingles
- Trim: 1x3 and 1x6 wood, masonite or cement trim materials are used to finish the corners, roof eves and facia, and door.
- Floor Load: 50 pounds per square foot for framed floors. You don't want your shed floor to feel spongy.
- Roof Snow Load: 40 pounds per square foot. This is more than adequate for most areas. If you live in an area with a high snow load you should check with your local building department for your local snow load. Contact us and we can specify stronger roof framing.
Sample of our 8x10 storage shed plans:
Exterior Detail Plans
The exterior details are what gives the shed its look. Wood shed plans are typically trimmed with wood, masonite, cement or vinyl trim boards. The details sheet shows where to place the trim boards on the corners, door, roof eves and soffit. The standard trim is 1/2" x 3 1/2" and 1/2" x 5 1/2" masonite or cement or wood trim boards.
Foundation And Floor Framing Plan
The main foundation plan for our 8x10 storage shed is built using 6x6 pressure treated wood as the skids. These boards keep the floor off the ground and make the shed easier to move if necessary. There are also plans included that show how to build a Pre-Cast Pier Foundation, Slab Foundation and Building Section, Concrete Pier Foundation Plan and Section and Isometric, Concrete Pier Floor Framing Plan
Wall Framing Plans
The shed walls are framed using 2x4 lumber at 16" on center for the studs and top and bottom plates. They are sheeted with T-111 exterior siding. You can add other sidings such as stucco or stone to match your home if you like.
Shed Roof Framing Plans
The roof is framed using simple 2x4's at 24" o.c. to stick frame the rafters. The plans give you the dimensions and cut angles so you can build the roof rafters on the ground and then put them up on the top plates. The roof is sheeted using 1/2" O.S.B.
Shed Door Construction Plans
Since the door is the only moving part on the shed it needs to be built strong. Our door plan shows you how to build a shed door that will outlive the shed. The shed door is built using a sandwich construction comprising a 2x4 inner frame faced on the inside with 1/2" O.S.B. and on the outside there is a layer of T-111 to match the rest of the shed. We use 3 hinges on the doors and the screws go into the inner 2x4 frame of the door to give extra strength.
FREE Shed Materials List (Click To Download and Print)
What People Say About
iCreatables Sheds. CLICK FOR MORE INFO
"I'm declaring victory over the shed project. Thanks for the
great plans and for answering my various e-mails along the way."
You guys are awesome! Thank you very much!" Denise