Free Shed Plans
Free Building plans for a 8'x 8' lean to storage shed for your yard or garden
An 8x8 lean to shed is a lean to shed with plenty of room for your bike, lawn mower or other things. These storage shed plans will instruct you how to build a 8x8 lean to storage shed with a single door. The free storage shed plans use a 8 1/2 x 11" page format so you can easily print them out on your home printer.
You can download the free shed plans by clicking on the Download PDF button here.
You must have the current version of Adobe PDF reader running on your computer to download the free shed plans.
We have many other styles of shed plans available on our Shed Plans page.
8x8 Free Storage Shed Plans Exterior Elevations
8x8 Free Storage Shed Plans Include The Following
- Materials List:The free shed plans come with a complete materials list that is broken down by parts of the shed.
- 1 Foundation: A wood skid foudation.
- Floor: 2x6 floor joists at 16" on center with 3/4" floor sheathing.
- Walls Framing: 2x4 framing at 16" on center with a double top plate, just like a home is framed.
- Wall Height: The lower shed wall height is 5'-6", the higher wall is just over 8'-1".
- Doors: The door is a 3068 pre-hung, factory made doors for ease of installation.
- Window: There are no windows on the plans but windows can be added on any wall.
- Siding: Textured Plywood siding is what is shown on the plans. You may add or substitute other sidings such as cedar shingles or horizontal lap siding or vinyl siding.
- Roof: The roof is framed using 2x4's to build the rafters. It is sheeted with 1/2" O.S.B. The plans give you a template and dimensions for the birdsmouth cut angles.
- Roof Pitch: 4/12, this means that for every 4 inches of rise there is 12 inches of run horizontally.
- Roof Overhang: 6" on the front and back. 1" on the sides.
- Roofing = Asphalt shingles
- Trim = 1x4 and 1x6 wood, masonite or cement trim materials are used to finish the corners, roof eves, facia, and door.
- Floor Load: 50 pounds per square foot for framed floors.
- Roof Snow Load: 40 pounds per square foot. This is more than adequate for most areas. If you live in an area with a high snow load you should check with your local building department for your local snow load. Contact us and we can specify stronger roof framing.
What People Say About iCreatables Sheds. CLICK FOR MORE INFO
"I'm declaring victory over the shed project. Thanks for the great plans and for answering my various e-mails along the way." John
You guys are awesome! Thank you very much!" Denise