8x8 Saltbox Shed Plans
Building plans for a 8'x 8' saltbox shed for your yard or garden
8x8 Salt Box Shed Plans
Emailed Plans: $9.99
(8 1/2" x 11" emailed PDF)
Postal Mailed Plans: $14.99
(8 1/2" x 11" postal mailed to you)
All Our Shed Plans Feature:
- FREE - How To Build A Shed eBook included with every shed plans purchase.
- Cost Effective - Our shed plans are designed to make your shed simple and inexpensive to build.
- Easy To Build From - Professionally drawn with step by step instructions to show both an old pro or a first time framer how to build a shed. (see the plans example below).
- Start Now - Instant download - The shed plans are emailed to you when you purchase so you can start immediately. We use the free PDF file format so you can print them on your home printer or we can postal mail them to you.
- Materials List - Easily get bids and use the list numbering system to know what part goes where.
The 10x10 salt box shed plans include:
- Home Built Doors - 4' x 6' home built door.
- Multiple Door Options - Drawings explaining how to build the door on the end or sides of the shed.
- 5 Foundations - Skid, concrete slab, poured concrete pier, concrete block pier, precast pier.
- Saltbox Design - Besides being a classic New England architectural style it is another shed that is the perfect way to build a shed up against a fence. The saltbox shed is defined by its double roof slope. The front roof pitch is 12/12 and the rear roof pitch is 5/12.
8x8 salt box shed plans floor plan
8x8 Salt Box Shed Plans Exterior
8x8 Saltbox Plans Include The Following:
- 5 Foundations: There are 5 different foundations are included in the plans; Wood skid, Concrete slab, Concrete Block Pier, Poured Concrete Pier and Precast pier.
- Floor: 2x6 floor joists with 3/4" floor sheathing.
- Walls Framing: 2x4 framing at 16" on center with a double top plate, just like a home is framed.
- Wall Height: The front shed wall height is 6'-6" and the rear shed wall height is 5'-3".
- Door = 3'-9" x 5'-9 1/2" door is built using sandwich construction for strength and durability. Our door plan shows you how to build a shed door that will outlive the shed. The shed door is built using a 2x4 inner frame faced on the inside with 1/2" O.S.B. and on the outside there is a layer of T-111 to match the rest of the shed. We use 3 hinges on the doors and the screws go into the inner 2x4 frame of the door to give extra strength.
- Siding: T-111 exterior siding. Other sidings such as vinyl may be used.
- Roof: The roof is framed using 2x4's to build the trusses. It is sheeted with 1/2" O.S.B. The plans give you the dimensions and cut angles so you can build the roof rafters on the ground and then put them up on the top plates.
- Roof Pitch: The saltbox shed has two roof pitches which is what gives it that saltbox look. The front roof pitch is 12/12 and the rear roof pitch is 5/12.
- Roof Overhang: 4" on the front and back and 1" on the sides.
- Roofing = 25 year asphalt shingles
- Siding = T1-11 siding or similar 4'x8' wood or cement panel siding is specified but you can use any siding you like.
- Trim = 1x3 and 1x6 wood, masonite or cement trim materials are used to finish the corners, roof eves and facia, and door.
- Floor Load: 50 pounds per square foot for framed floors. You don't want your shed floor to feel spongy.
- Roof Snow Load: 40 pounds per square foot. This is more than adequate for most areas. If you live in an area with a high snow load you should check with your local building department for your local snow load. Contact us and we can specify stronger roof framing.
Sample of our shed plans ( the exact plans for the 8x8 saltbox shed may differ)
What People Say About iCreatables Sheds. CLICK FOR MORE
"I'm declaring victory over the shed project. Thanks for the great plans and for answering my various e-mails along the way." John
You guys are awesome! Thank you very much!" Denise