8x16 Lean To Shed Plans
Building plans for a 8'x 16' lean to storage shed for your yard or garden
Product Details: sku (shed8x16-LT)
Your Price: $16.99 (emailed to you)
Buy icreatables 8'x16' lean to storage shed plans and have them emailed to you now!
Paper planset and shipping: $21.99 (8 1/2" x 11" postal mailed to you)
All Our Shed Plans Feature:
- FREE - How To Build A Shed eBook included with every shed plans purchase.
- Cost Effective - Our shed plans are designed to make your shed simple and inexpensive to build.
- Easy To Build From - Professionally drawn with step by step instructions to show both an old pro or a first time framer how to build a shed. (see the plans example below).
- Start Now - Instant download - The shed plans are emailed to you when you purchase so you can start immediately. We use the free PDF file format so you can print them on your home printer or we can postal mail them to you.
- Materials List - Easily get bids and use the list numbering system to know what part goes where.
The 8x16 shed plans include:
- 7'-7" wall height - The lower wall height is 7'-5" which allows a pre-hung factory built door to go on any wall and reduces the amount of siding and labor needed to build the shed.
- Factory or Home Built Doors - Using a pre hung door makes the door building and hanging job much easier. The shed plans also include door plans if you prefer to build your own doors.
- Multiple Door Options - Drawings explaining how to build the door on the end or sides of the shed.
Optional door configurations included with the lean to storage shed plans
8x16 Lean To Shed Floor Plan
Example of our 8x16 shed plans.
8x16 Lean To Storage Shed Plans Include The Following:
- Materials List:The 8x16 Lean To shed plans come with a complete materials list that is broken down by parts of the shed.
- Wood Skid Foundation: The plans include details on how to build a wood skid foundation.
- Floor: 2x6 floor joists at 16" on center with 3/4" floor sheathing.
- Walls Framing: 2x4 framing at 16" on center with a double top plate, just like a home is framed.
- Wall Height: The lower shed wall height is 7'-7", the higher wall is just over 8'-10".
- Doors: The doors are a pair of 3068 pre-hung, factory made doors for ease of installation. A single door may be installed if desired.
- Window: There are no windows on the plans but windows can be added on any wall.
- Siding: Textured Plywood siding is what is shown on the plans. You may add or substitute other sidings such as cedar shingles or horizontal lap siding or vinyl siding.
- Roof: The roof is framed using 2x6's to build the rafters. It is sheeted with 1/2" O.S.B. The plans give you a template and dimensions for the birdsmouth cut angles.
- Roof Pitch: 2/12, this means that for every 2 inches of rise there is 12 inches of run horizontally.
- Roof Overhang: 6" on the front and back. 1" on the sides.
- Roofing = Corrugated metal roofing.
- Trim = 1x4 and 1x6 wood, masonite or cement trim materials are used to finish the corners, roof eves, facia, and door.
- Floor Load: 50 pounds per square foot for framed floors.
- Roof Snow Load: 40 pounds per square foot. This is more than adequate for most areas. If you live in an area with a high snow load you should check with your local building department for your local snow load. Contact us and we can specify stronger roof framing.
What People Say About iCreatables Sheds. CLICK FOR MORE
"I'm declaring victory over the shed project. Thanks for the great plans and for answering my various e-mails along the way." John
You guys are awesome! Thank you very much!" Denise