8x10 Cape Cod Shed Plans
Building plans for a 8'x 10' Cape Cod style storage shed
8x10 Cape Cod Shed Plans
Emailed Plans: $14.99
(8 1/2" x 11" emailed PDF)
Postal Mailed Plans: $19.99
(8 1/2" x 11" postal mailed to you)
All Our Shed Plans Feature:
- FREE - How To Build A Shed eBook included with every shed plans purchase.
- Cost Effective - Our shed plans are designed to make your shed simple and inexpensive to build.
- Easy To Build From - Professionally drawn with step by step instructions to show both an old pro or a first time framer how to build a shed. (see the plans example below).
- Start Now - Instant download - The shed plans are emailed to you when you purchase so you can start immediately. We use the free PDF file format so you can print them on your home printer or we can postal mail them to you.
- Materials List - Easily get bids and use the list numbering system to know what part goes where.
The 8x10 Cape Cod shed plans include:
- Architectural Details - With the New England charm of steep roofs, board and batten siding and a divided window the 8 x 10 Cape Cod storage shed will look good in any back yard.
- 7'-5" wall height - This wall height allows you to either purchase pre-hung factory built doors or build home built doors.
- Home Built Doors Plans - Easy to understand door building plans for the 4' wide door are included.
- 10/12 Roof Pitch - The steeper roof gives the cape cod shed its New England shed charm.
- 5 Foundations - Skid, concrete slab, poured concrete pier, concrete block pier, precast pier.
8x10 Cape Cod Shed Floor Plan
8x10 Cape Cod Style Shed Plans Include The Following:
- Materials List: The 8x10 Cape Cod style garden shed plans come with a complete materials list that is broken down by parts of the shed.
- Foundation: 5 different foundations are included in the plans; Wood skid, Concrete slab, Concrete Block Pier, Pre-cast pier and Poured Concrete Pier
- Floor = 2x6 floor joists at 16" on center with 3/4" floor sheathing.
- Walls = 2x4 framing at 16" on center with a double top plate, just like a home is framed. The shed wall height is 6'-7" but can be made taller by simply using a different wall stud length.
- Door = The 8x10 shed plans include detailed instructions to show you how to build the shed door. The door is built using sandwich construction to give it strength and durability.
- Roof: The roof is framed using 2x4's to build rafter trusses. The plans include instructions to build the trusses using top and bottom chords and 1/2" O.S.B. gussets. It is sheeted with 1/2" O.S.B. (or 5/8 if you want to make it extra strong.) The plans give you the dimensions and cut angles so you can build the roof rafters on the ground and then put them up on the top plates.
- Roof Overhang: 5-1/2" on the eves and 1" gable ends.
- Roofing = 25 year asphalt shingles.
- Siding = T1-11 siding or similar 4'x8' wood or cement panel siding is specified. This can be changed to use any siding you like.
- Trim = 1x3 and 1x6 wood, masonite or cement trim materials are used to finish the corners, roof eves and facia, and door.
- Roof Pitch: 10/12, this means that for every 4 inches of rise there is 12 inches of run horizontally.
- Floor Load: 50 pounds per square foot for framed floors. You don't want your shed floor to feel spongy.
- Roof Snow Load: 40 pounds per square foot. This is more than adequate for most areas. If you live in an area with a high snow load you should check with your local building department for your local snow load. Contact us and we can specify stronger roof framing.
Sample of the 8x10 Cape Cod shed plans (these are for the 10x12 cape cod)
What People Say About iCreatables Sheds. CLICK FOR MORE
"I'm declaring victory over the shed project. Thanks for the great plans and for answering my various e-mails along the way." John
You guys are awesome! Thank you very much!" Denise