4x8 Lean To Shed Plans
4'x 8' lean to storage shed plans with the door on the high side for your yard or garden
Product Details: sku (shed4x8-LTHD)
Your Price: $10.99 (emailed to you)
Buy icreatables 4'x8' lean to storage shed plans and have them emailed to you now!
Paper planset and shipping: $15.99 (8 1/2" x 11" postal mailed to you)
All Our Shed Plans Feature:
- FREE - How To Build A Shed eBook included with every shed plans purchase.
- Cost Effective - Our shed plans are designed to make your shed simple and inexpensive to build.
- Easy To Build From - Professionally drawn with step by step instructions to show both an old pro or a first time framer how to build a shed. (see the plans example below).
- Start Now - Instant download - The shed plans are emailed to you when you purchase so you can start immediately. We use the free PDF file format so you can print them on your home printer or we can postal mail them to you.
- Materials List - Easily get bids and use the list numbering system to know what part goes where.
The 4x8 storage shed plans include:
- 6'-5" wall height - This is the most cost effective wall height because it saves on material and allows the home built shed door to be on the front or back walls.
- Home Built Doors - 5'-6" wide home built double doors.
- 5 Foundations - Skid, concrete slab, poured concrete pier, concrete block pier, precast pier.
- Easy Storage Against A Fence - An 4x8 lean to shed with the door on the high side is a way to store your things up against a fence because the roof sloped down to the top of the fence keeping the shed wall out of the neighbors sight.
4x8 Lean To Shed with the door on the high side shown against a 6' fence
4x8 Lean To Shed Floor Plan
4x8 Lean To Shed Plans Exterior Elevations
4x8 Lean To Shed Plans with door on the high side include the following:
- Materials List: The 4x8 lean to shed plans come with a complete materials list that is broken down by parts of the shed. For instance the floor framing plan has all the materials to build the floor listed on the floor framing sheets and the wall framing has its materials listed on the wall framing sheets and so on.
- 5 Foundations: There are 5 different foundations are included in the plans; Wood skid, Concrete slab, Concrete Block Pier, Poured Concrete Pier and Precast pier.
- Floor: 2x6 floor joists with 3/4" floor sheathing.
- Walls Framing: 2x4 framing at 16" on center with a double top plate, just like a home is framed.
- Wall Height: The lower shed wall height is 6'-4" and the higher wall is 7'-6 3/4"
- Door = The double doors are 2'-9" x 5'-9 1/2" and are built using sandwich construction for strength and durability. Our door plan shows you how to build a shed door that will outlive the shed. The shed door is built using a 2x4 inner frame faced on the inside with 1/2" O.S.B. and on the outside there is a layer of T-111 to match the rest of the shed. We use 3 hinges on the doors and the screws go into the inner 2x4 frame of the door to give extra strength.
- Siding: T-111 exterior siding. Other sidings such as vinyl may be used.
- Roof: The roof is framed using 2x4's to build the rafters. It is sheeted with 1/2" O.S.B. The plans give you the dimensions and cut angles so you can build the roof rafters on the ground and then put them up on the top plates.
- Roof Pitch: 4/12, this means that for every 4 inches of rise there is 12 inches of run horizontally.
- Roof Overhang: 4" on the front and back and 1" on the sides.
- Roofing: 25 year asphalt shingles
- Siding: T1-11 siding or similar 4'x8' wood or cement panel siding is specified but you can use any siding you like.
- Trim: 1x3 and 1x6 wood, masonite or cement trim materials are used to finish the corners, roof eves and facia, and door.
- Floor Load: 50 pounds per square foot for framed floors. You don't want your shed floor to feel spongy. This stronger floor costs less than $15.00 for most sheds and greatly increases the strength of the floor.
- Roof Snow Load: 40 pounds per square foot. This is more than adequate for most areas. If you live in an area with a high snow load you should check with your local building department for your local snow load. Contact us and we can specify stronger roof framing.
Sample of our 4x8 lean to shed plans: (they from the 4x8 lean to shed plans)
What People Say About iCreatables Sheds. CLICK FOR MORE
"I'm declaring victory over the shed project. Thanks for the great plans and for answering my various e-mails along the way." John
You guys are awesome! Thank you very much!" Denise