16x20 Nantucket Style Shed Plans
Building plans for a 16'x 20' Storage or Boat Shed Plans
16x20 Nantucket Shed Plans
Emailed Plans: $29.99
(8 1/2" x 11" emailed PDF)
Postal Mailed Plans: $34.99
(8 1/2" x 11" postal mailed to you)
All Our Shed Plans Feature:
- FREE - How To Build A Shed eBook included with every shed plans purchase.
- Cost Effective - Our shed plans are designed to make your shed simple and inexpensive to build.
- Easy To Build From - Professionally drawn with step by step instructions to show both an old pro or a first time framer how to build a shed. (see the plans example below).
- Start Now - Instant download - The shed plans are emailed to you when you purchase so you can start immediately. We use the free PDF file format so you can print them on your home printer or we can postal mail them to you.
- Materials List - Easily get bids and use the list numbering system to know what part goes where.
The 16x20 Nantucket Style Shed Plans Include:
- 7'-7" wall height - Our standard 7'-7" or 8'-1" wall heights may be used. 8'-1" wall height lets you use 92-5/8" framing studs just like a home. Longer studs may be used to increase the wall height.
- Loft - Attic trusses are used to build the shed with a loft area.
- 2 Foundations - May be built with a wood floor using wood skids or on a concrete slab.
- Door Details - Doors may be home built using the included plans or pre-hung doors can be installed.
16x20 Shed With Garage Door Floor Plan
16x20 Gable Shed Plans With a Overhead Door Include The Following:
- Alternalte Options: There are two door options to build the 16x20 shed with the double doors on the gable end or the eve side.
- Materials List:The 16x20 garden shed plans come with a complete materials list that is broken down by parts of the shed.
- 2 Foundations: There are 2 different foundations are included in the plans; 6x6 Wood skid and Concrete slab.
- Floor: 2x8 floor joists with 3/4" floor sheathing when the skid foundation is used.
- Walls Framing: 2x4 framing at 16" on center with a double top plate, just like a home is framed.
- Wall Height: The main shed wall height is 7'-7" but regular framing studs may be used to build the walls at 8'-1" which is framed using a standard 92-5/8" wall stud.
- Door: The shed plans are designed with a 3068 pre-hung door and 6068 double doors.
- Window: 2030 windows are shown on the plans. This means they are 2'-0" wide and 3'-0" tall.
- Siding: T1-11 siding or installing O.S.B. and other sidings like vinyl or stucco.
- Roof: The roof trusses are designed, engineered and ordered from a truss plant local to where you are building the shed. Purchasing the trusses saves you a days worth of work and provides you with the peace of mind knowing that the roof structure is designed and engineered to carry the loads found locally. Costs for pre-engineered trusses are often not too much more than the cost of purchasing the materials to build them yourself.
- Roof Pitch: 12/12, this means that for every 12 inches of rise there is 12 inches of run horizontally. The roof pitch and / or adding a attic space can be changed when ordering the trusses from the truss plant.
- Roof Overhang: 2" on the gable rake ends and 6" on the eves.
- Roofing: 25 year asphalt shingles or wood shakes.
- Trim: 1x3 and 1x6 wood, vinyl, masonite or cement trim materials are used to finish the corners, roof eves and facia.
- Floor Load: 50 pounds per square foot for framed floors. This is the same floor load rating used in building homes.
- Roof Snow Load: The roof load varies depending on your regional weather conditions. Check with your local building department or truss plant for your local snow load.
Sample of our 16x20 storage shed plans: Garage Door Plans
What People Say About iCreatables Sheds. CLICK FOR MORE
"I'm declaring victory over the shed project. Thanks for the great plans and for answering my various e-mails along the way." John
You guys are awesome! Thank you very much!" Denise