10x12 Colonial Shed Plans
Building plans for a 10'x 12' Colonial storage shed for your yard or garden
10x12 Colonial Shed Plans
Emailed Plans: $16.99
(8 1/2" x 11" emailed PDF)
Postal Mailed Plans: $21.99
(8 1/2" x 11" postal mailed to you)
All Our Shed Plans Feature:
- FREE - How To Build A Shed eBook included with every shed plans purchase.
- Cost Effective - Our shed plans are designed to make your shed simple and inexpensive to build.
- Easy To Build From - Professionally drawn with step by step instructions to show both an old pro or a first time framer how to build a shed. (see the plans example below).
- Start Now - Instant download - The shed plans are emailed to you when you purchase so you can start immediately. We use the free PDF file format so you can print them on your home printer or we can postal mail them to you.
- Materials List - Easily get bids and use the list numbering system to know what part goes where.
The 10x12 Colonial shed plans include:
- Architectural Details - The board and batten look siding and window trim details give our 10x12 shed a colonial flair.
- 7'-7" wall height - This wall height allows you to either purchase pre-hung factory built doors or build home built doors.
- Home Built Doors Plans - Easy to understand door building plans are included.
- 10/12 Roof Pitch - The steeper roof gives the Colonial shed its New England shed charm.
- 5 Foundations - Skid, concrete slab, poured concrete pier, concrete block pier, precast pier.
10x12 Colonial Shed Floor Plan
10x12 Colonial shed plans exterior elevations
10x12 Colonial Shed Plans Include The Following:
- Alternalte Options: The 10x12 Colonial shed plans can be built with either factory built doors or you can build the doors using the door plans included with the shed plans. You may also remove the double doors and install another window.
- Materials List: Use the included materials list to get pricing and to simplify the ordering of materials.
- 5 Foundations: There are 5 different foundations are included in the plans; Wood skid, Concrete slab, Concrete Block Pier, Poured Concrete Pier and Precast pier.
- Floor: 2x8 floor joists at 16" on center with 3/4" floor sheathing.
- Walls Framing: 2x4 framing at 16" on center with a double top plate, just like a home is framed.
- Wall Height: The shed wall height is 7'-7".
- Doors: The 10x12 shed has 3 doors, the double doors make a 5'-4" x 6'-8" opening and a single 2'-8" x 6'-8" door. They are built using sandwich construction for strength and durability. The openings are sized for a standard pre-hung door if you choose to install pre-made doors.
- Windows: The plans call for 2 - 2020 windows (2'-0" x 2'-0"). This is a standard window size that can be ordered from any window company. You may add other windows on the other walls if desired.
- Siding: Textured Plywood siding with 1-1/2" battens at 12" on center are shown on the plans. You may add or substitute other sidings such as cedar shingles or horizontal lap siding.
- Roof: The roof is framed using 2x4's to build the trusses. It is sheeted with 1/2" O.S.B. The plans give you the dimensions and cut angles so you can build the roof rafters on the ground and then put them up on the top plates.
- Roof Pitch: 10/12, this means that for every 10 inches of rise there is 12 inches of run horizontally.
- Roof Overhang: 4" on the front and back. 1" on the sides.
- Roofing = 25 year asphalt shingles.
- Trim = 1x3 and 1x6 wood, masonite or cement trim materials are used to finish the corners, roof eves, facia, and door.
- Floor Load: 50 pounds per square foot for framed floors. You don't want your shed floor to feel spongy.
- Roof Snow Load: 40 pounds per square foot. This is more than adequate for most areas. If you live in an area with a high snow load you should check with your local building department for your local snow load. Contact us and we can specify stronger roof framing.
Sample Of The 10x12 Colonial Shed Plans.
What People Say About iCreatables Sheds. CLICK FOR MORE INFO
"I'm declaring victory over the shed project. Thanks for the great plans and for answering my various e-mails along the way." John
You guys are awesome! Thank you very much!" Denise