10x12 Cape Cod Shed Plans
Building plans for a 10'x 12' storage shed for your yard or garden
10x10 Cape Cod Shed Plans
Emailed Plans: $16.99
(8 1/2" x 11" emailed PDF)
Postal Mailed Plans: $21.99
(8 1/2" x 11" postal mailed to you)
All Our Shed Plans Feature:
- FREE - How To Build A Shed eBook included with every shed plans purchase.
- Cost Effective - Our shed plans are designed to make your shed simple and inexpensive to build.
- Easy To Build From - Professionally drawn with step by step instructions to show both an old pro or a first time framer how to build a shed. (see the plans example below).
- Start Now - Instant download - The shed plans are emailed to you when you purchase so you can start immediately. We use the free PDF file format so you can print them on your home printer or we can postal mail them to you.
- Materials List - Easily get bids and use the list numbering system to know what part goes where.
The 10x12 Cape Cod shed plans include:
- 7'-7" wall height - This wall height allows you to either purchase pre-hung factory built doors or build home built doors.
- Home Built Doors Plans - Easy to understand door building plans are included.
- 10/12 Roof Pitch - The steeper roof gives the cape cod shed its New England shed charm.
- 5 Foundations - Skid, concrete slab, poured concrete pier, concrete block pier, precast pier.
Exterior Elevations of the 10x12 Cape Cod Garden Shed Plans
10x12 Cape Cod Shed Plans Include The Following:
- Alternalte Options: There are seperate home built door plans so you can build your own door or use a pre built, pre-hung factory build door that is easy to install.
- Materials List: Use the included materials list to get pricing and to simplify the ordering of materials.
- 5 Foundations: There are 5 different foundations are included in the plans; Wood skid, Concrete slab, Concrete Block Pier, Poured Concrete Pier and Precast pier.
- Floor: 2x8 floor joists at 16" on center with 3/4" floor sheathing.
- Walls Framing: 2x4 framing at 16" on center with a double top plate, just like a home is framed.
- Wall Height: The shed wall height is 7'-7" or 8'-1".
- Doors: Our Cape Cod storage shed gives you the option of building your doors or purchasing factory built pre hung doors. The single door is a 2868 door and the double doors are a 6068 set of doors.
- Window: The plans call for a 2036 awning window (2'-0" x 3'-6"). This is a standard window size that can be ordered from any window company.
- Siding: Textured Plywood siding with 1-1/2" battens at 12" on center are shown on the plans. You may add or substitute other sidings such as cedar shingles or horizontal lap siding.
- Roof: The roof is framed using 2x4's to build the trusses. It is sheeted with 1/2" O.S.B. The plans give you the dimensions and cut angles so you can build the roof rafters on the ground and then put them up on the top plates.
- Roof Pitch: 10/12, this means that for every 10 inches of rise there is 12 inches of run horizontally.
- Roof Overhang: 4" on the front and back. 1" on the gable ends.
- Roofing = 25 year asphalt shingles.
- Trim = 1x3 and 1x6 wood, masonite or cement trim materials are used to finish the corners, roof eves, facia, and door.
- Floor Load: 50 pounds per square foot for framed floors. You don't want your shed floor to feel spongy.
- Roof Snow Load: 40 pounds per square foot. This is more than adequate for most areas. If you live in an area with a high snow load you should check with your local building department for your local snow load. Contact us and we can specify stronger roof framing.
Sample Of The 10x12 Cape Cod Shed Plans.
What People Say About iCreatables Sheds. CLICK FOR MORE
"I'm declaring victory over the shed project. Thanks for the great plans and for answering my various e-mails along the way." John
You guys are awesome! Thank you very much!" Denise