6x8 Backyard Shed Plans
Building plans for a 6'x 8' gable end storage shed for your backyard
6x8 Backyard Shed Plans
Emailed Plans: $9.99
(8 1/2" x 11" emailed PDF)
Postal Mailed Plans: $14.99
(8 1/2" x 11" postal mailed to you)
All Our Shed Plans Feature:
- FREE - How To Build A Shed eBook included with every shed plans purchase.
- Cost Effective - Our shed plans are designed to make your shed simple and inexpensive to build.
- Easy To Build From - Professionally drawn with step by step instructions to show both an old pro or a first time framer how to build a shed. (see the plans example below).
- Start Now - Instant download - The shed plans are emailed to you when you purchase so you can start immediately. We use the free PDF file format so you can print them on your home printer or we can postal mail them to you.
- Materials List - Easily get bids and use the list numbering system to know what part goes where.
The 6x8 storage shed plans include:
- 6'-5" wall height - This is the most cost effective wall height because it saves on material and allows the home built shed door to be on any wall. For taller wall sheds check out our Tall Sheds.
- Home Built Door - 4' wide home built door.
- Windows - Two windows add to the charm of the 6x8 garden shed. The windows are optional.
- 5 Foundations - Skid, concrete slab, poured concrete pier, concrete block pier, precast pier.
6x8 Gable End Shed Plans Elevations
6x8 Gable Shed Floor Plan
6x8 Gable Shed Plans Exterior Elevations
6x8 Gable Shed Plans Include The Following:
- Materials List:The 8x12 Modern garden shed plans come with a complete materials list that is broken down by parts of the shed.
- 5 Foundations: There are 5 different foundations are included in the modern shed plans; Wood skid, Concrete slab, Concrete Block Pier, Poured Concrete Pier and Precast pier.
- Floor: 2x6 floor joists at 16" on center with 3/4" floor sheathing.
- Walls Framing: 2x4 framing at 16" on center with a double top plate, just like a home is framed.
- Wall Height: 2x4 framing at 16" on center with a double top plate, just like a home is framed. The shed wall height is 6'-4" for the short walls. This wall height keeps costs down and construction simple by allowing single pieces of 4x8 siding to be used along the exterior walls.
- Door: 3'-10 1/2" x 5'-10 1/2" (inside dimensions) The door is built using sandwich construction for strength and durability. The door can be installed on the side or end walls.
- Windows: The window is a 2016 awning, fixed or casement window that is pre-made vinyl or aluminum window to aid in installation and durability.
- Siding: T1-11 siding is the simplest siding to install. Other sidings such as horizontal lap or even vinyl siding may be used.
- Roof: The roof is framed using 2x4's to build rafter trusses. It is sheeted with 1/2" O.S.B.
- Roof Pitch: 4/12, this means that for every 4 inches of rise there is 12 inches of run horizontally.
- Roof Overhang: 6" on all sides.
- Roofing: 25 year asphalt shingles
- Trim: 1x3 and 1x6 wood, masonite or cement trim materials are used to finish the corners, windows, and door.
- Floor Load: 50 pounds per square foot for framed floors. This is the common strength of a residential home.
- Roof Snow Load: 40 pounds per square foot. This is more than adequate for most areas. If you live in an area with a high snow load you should check with your local building department for your local snow load. Contact us and we can specify stronger roof framing.
Sample Of The 6x8 Gable Storage Shed Plans:
What People Say About iCreatables Sheds. CLICK FOR MORE
"I'm declaring victory over the shed project. Thanks for the great plans and for answering my various e-mails along the way." John
You guys are awesome! Thank you very much!" Denise