12x20 Large Backyard Shed Plans
Building plans for a 12'x 20' storage shed for your yard or garden
Product Details: sku (shed12x20-G)
Your Price: $21.99 (emailed to you)
Buy icreatables 12'x20' gable end storage shed plans and have them emailed to you now!
Paper planset and shipping: $26.99 (8 1/2" x 11" postal mailed to you)
Buy E-MAILED Version
Buy POSTAL MAILED Version
All Our Shed Plans Feature:
- FREE - How To Build A Shed eBook included with every shed plans purchase.
- Cost Effective - Our shed plans are designed to make your shed simple and inexpensive to build.
- Easy To Build From - Professionally drawn with step by step instructions to show both an old pro or a first time framer how to build a shed. (see the plans example below).
- Start Now - Instant download - The shed plans are emailed to you when you purchase so you can start immediately. We use the free PDF file format so you can print them on your home printer or we can postal mail them to you.
- Materials List - Easily get bids and use the list numbering system to know what part goes where.
The 12x20 storage shed plans include:
- 8'-1" wall height - The 8'-1" wall height lets you use 92-5/8" framing studs just like a home.
- Factory or Home Built Doors - Using a pre hung door makes the door building and hanging job much easier. The shed plans also include door plans if you prefer to build your own doors.
- Multiple Door Options - Drawings explaining how to build the door on the end or sides of the shed.
- 2 Foundations - Skid and concrete slab.
12x20 Gable Shed Floor Plan
12x20 Gable Shed Plans Include The Following:
- Alternalte Options: There are two door options to build the 12x20 shed with the double doors on the gable end or the eve side.
- Materials List:The 12x20 garden shed plans come with a complete materials list that is broken down by parts of the shed.
- 2 Foundations: There are 2 different foundations are included in the plans; 6x6 Wood skid and Concrete slab.
- Floor: 2x8 floor joists with 3/4" floor sheathing when the skid foundation is used.
- Walls Framing: 2x4 framing at 16" on center with a double top plate, just like a home is framed.
- Wall Height: The shed wall height is 8'-1" which is framed using a standard 92-5/8" wall stud.
- Door: The doors to be used are factory built doors on pre hung jamb. This door type is easy to install and available at most home stores and door shops.
- Window: The window is optional. It is a 5'-0" x 4'-0" window.
- Siding: T1-11 siding or similar 4'x8' wood or cement panel siding is specified but you can use any siding you like.
- Roof: The roof is framed using 2x4's to build the trusses. It is sheeted with 1/2" O.S.B. The plans give you the dimensions and cut angles so you can build the roof rafters on the ground and then put them up on the top plates.
- Roof Pitch: 4/12, this means that for every 4 inches of rise there is 12 inches of run horizontally.
- Roof Overhang: 4" on the sides and 1" on the front and back.
- Roofing: 25 year asphalt shingles
- Trim: 1x3 and 1x6 wood, masonite or cement trim materials are used to finish the corners, roof eves and facia.
- Floor Load: 50 pounds per square foot for framed floors. This is the same floor load rating used in building homes.
- Roof Snow Load: 40 pounds per square foot. This is more than adequate for most areas. If you live in an area with a high snow load you should check with your local building department for your local snow load. Contact us and we can specify stronger roof framing.
Sample of our 12x20 storage shed plans:
What People Say About iCreatables Sheds. CLICK FOR MORE
"I'm declaring victory over the shed project. Thanks for the great plans and for answering my various e-mails along the way." John
You guys are awesome! Thank you very much!" Denise