12x14 Shed Plans
Building plans for a 12'x 14' storage shed for your yard or garden
12x14 Backyard Shed Plans
Emailed Plans: $15.99
(8 1/2" x 11" emailed PDF)
Postal Mailed Plans: $20.99
(8 1/2" x 11" postal mailed to you)
All Our Shed Plans Feature:
- FREE - How To Build A Shed eBook included with every shed plans purchase.
- Cost Effective - Our shed plans are designed to make your shed simple and inexpensive to build.
- Easy To Build From - Professionally drawn with step by step instructions to show both an old pro or a first time framer how to build a shed. (see the plans example below).
- Start Now - Instant download - The shed plans are emailed to you when you purchase so you can start immediately. We use the free PDF file format so you can print them on your home printer or we can postal mail them to you.
- Materials List - Easily get bids and use the list numbering system to know what part goes where.
The 12x14 storage shed plans include:
- 8'-1" wall height - The 8'-1" wall height lets you use 92-5/8" framing studs just like a home.
- Factory or Home Built Doors - Using a pre hung door makes the door building and hanging job much easier. The shed plans also include door plans if you prefer to build your own doors.
- Multiple Door Options - Drawings explaining how to build the door on the end or sides of the shed.
- 5 Foundations - Skid, concrete slab, poured concrete pier, concrete block pier, precast pier.
Optional door configuration included with the 12x14 shed plans
12x14 backyard Shed Floor Plan
12x14 backyard Shed Plans Exterior Elevations
12x14 backyard Shed Plans Include The Following:
- Foundation: 5 different foundations are included in the plans; Wood skid, Concrete slab, Concrete Block Pier, Pre-cast pier and Poured Concrete Pier
- Floor = 2x6 floor joists at 16" on center with 3/4" floor sheathing.
- Walls = 2x4 framing at 16" on center with a double top plate, just like a home is framed. The shed wall height is 8'-1".
- Door = The 12x14 shed uses 6068 pre-hung residential house doors. You can install a single door or move the door anywhere along the walls you choose.
- Roof: The roof is framed using 2x4's to build rafter trusses. The plans include instructions to build the trusses using top and bottom chords and 1/2" O.S.B. gussets. It is sheeted with 1/2" O.S.B. (or 5/8 if you want to make it extra strong.) The plans give you the dimensions and cut angles so you can build the roof rafters on the ground and then put them up on the top plates.
- Roof Overhang: 5-1/2" on the eves and 1" backyard ends.
- Roofing = 25 year asphalt shingles.
- Siding = T1-11 siding or similar 4'x8' wood or cement panel siding is specified. This can be changed to use any siding you like.
- Trim = 1x3 and 1x6 wood, masonite or cement trim materials are used to finish the corners, roof eves and facia, and door.
- Roof Pitch: 4/12, this means that for every 4 inches of rise there is 12 inches of run horizontally.
- Floor Load: 50 pounds per square foot for framed floors. You don't want your shed floor to feel spongy.
- Roof Snow Load: 40 pounds per square foot. This is more than adequate for most areas. If you live in an area with a high snow load you should check with your local building department for your local snow load. Contact us and we can specify stronger roof framing.
Sample of our 12x14 backyard shed plans:
What People Say About iCreatables Sheds. CLICK FOR MORE
"I'm declaring victory over the shed project. Thanks for the great plans and for answering my various e-mails along the way." John
You guys are awesome! Thank you very much!" Denise