8x12 Salt Box Shed Plans
Emailed Plans: $14.99
(8 1/2" x 11" Emailed PDF
Postal Mailed Plans: $20.99
(8 1/2" x 11" Postal mailed)
Buy E-MAILED Version
Buy POSTAL-MAILED Version
All Our Shed Plans Feature:
- FREE - How To Build A Shed eBook included with every shed plans purchase.
- Cost Effective - Our shed plans are designed to make your shed simple and inexpensive to build.
- Easy To Build From - Professionally drawn with step by step instructions to show both an old pro or a first time framer how to build a shed. (see the plans example below).
- Start Now - Instant download - The shed plans are emailed to you when you purchase so you can start immediately. We use the free PDF file format so you can print them on your home printer or we can postal mail them to you.
- Materials List - Easily get bids and use the list numbering system to know what part goes where.
The 8x12 salt box shed plans include:
- Home Built Doors - 4' x 6' home built door.
- Multiple Door Options - Drawings explaining how to build the door on the end or sides of the shed.
- 5 Foundations - Skid, concrete slab, poured concrete pier, concrete block pier, precast pier.
- Saltbox Design - Besides being a classic New England architectural style it is another shed that is the perfect way to build a shed up against a fence. The saltbox shed is defined by its double roof slope. The front roof pitch is 12/12 and the rear roof pitch is 5/12.
8x12 Saltbox Plans Specifications Overview
These are the basic materials used to build the 8x12 saltbox shed. Materials such as vinyl siding or a pre-hung door can be substituted to change the look or functionality of the shed.
- Foundation = 4 different foundations are included in the plans; Wood skid, Concrete slab, Concrete Pier, Precast pier.
- Floor = 2x6 floor joists with 3/4" floor sheathing.
- Walls = 2x4 framing at 16" on center with a double top plate, just like a home is framed. The front shed wall height is 6'-6". The rear wall height is 5'-3".
- Door = 3'-9" x 5'-9 1/2" door is built using sandwich construction for strength and durability. The 8x12 saltbox shed has 2 doors.
- Roof = The roof is framed using 2x4's and 2x6's to build the trusses. It is sheeted with 1/2" O.S.B. (or 5/8 if you want to make it extra strong.) The plans include full size to cut out the birdsmouth on the rafters.
- Roofing = 25 year asphalt shingles
- Siding = T1-11 siding or similar 4'x8' wood or cement panel siding is specified but you can use any siding you like.
- Trim = 1x3 and 1x6 wood, masonite or cement trim materials are used to finish the corners, roof eves and facia, and door.
Detailed description of what is included in the 8x12 saltbox storage shed plans.
An 8x12 saltbox shed is a nice sized to help organize your yard tools, motorcycle, bikes or riding lawn mower. These storage shed plans will instruct you how to build a 8x12 saltbox storage shed. Our storage shed plans use a 8 1/2 x 11" page format so you can easily print them out on your home printer. All pages of the plans have dimensions on every part.
These are some shed plan page samples (they are not from the 8x12 saltbox shed plans)
FREE Shed Materials List (Click To Download and Print)
What People Say About
iCreatables Sheds. CLICK FOR MORE INFO
"I'm declaring victory over the shed project. Thanks for the
great plans and for answering my various e-mails along the way."
You guys are awesome! Thank you very much!" Denise