8x10 Salt BoxShed Plans
Emailed Plans: $14.99
(8 1/2" x 11" Emailed PDF
Postal Mailed Plans: $20.99
(8 1/2" x 11" Postal mailed)
Buy E-MAILED Version
Buy POSTAL-MAILED Version
All Our Shed Plans Feature:
- FREE - How To Build A Shed eBook included with every shed plans purchase.
- Cost Effective - Our shed plans are designed to make your shed simple and inexpensive to build.
- Easy To Build From - Professionally drawn with step by step instructions to show both an old pro or a first time framer how to build a shed. (see the plans example below).
- Start Now - Instant download - The shed plans are emailed to you when you purchase so you can start immediately. We use the free PDF file format so you can print them on your home printer or we can postal mail them to you.
- Materials List - Easily get bids and use the list numbering system to know what part goes where.
The 8x10 salt box shed plans include:
- Home Built Doors - 4' x 6' home built door.
- Multiple Door Options - The saltbox shed drawings show how to build the door on the end or sides of the shed.
- 5 Foundations - Skid, concrete slab, poured concrete pier, concrete block pier, precast pier.
- Saltbox Design - Enjoy a classic New England salt box architectural style. The windows do not need to be installed. This is another shed that provides a perfect way to build a shed up against a fence.
8x10 Saltbox Plans Specifications Overview
These are the basic materials used to build the 8x10 saltbox shed. Materials such as vinyl siding or a pre-hung door can be substituted to change the look or functionality of the shed.
- Foundation = 4 different foundations are included in the plans; Wood skid, Concrete slab, Concrete Pier, Precast pier.
- Floor = 2x6 floor joists with 3/4" floor sheathing.
- Walls = 2x4 framing at 16" on center with a double top plate, just like a home is framed. The front shed wall height is 6'-6". The rear wall height is 5'-3".
- Door = 3'-9" x 5'-9 1/2" door is built using sandwich construction for strength and durability. The 8x10 saltbox shed has 2 doors.
- Roof = The roof is framed using 2x4's and to build the trusses. It is sheeted with 1/2" O.S.B. (or 5/8 if you want to make it extra strong.) The plans include full size to cut out the birdsmouth on the rafters.
- Roofing = 25 year asphalt shingles
- Siding = T1-11 siding or similar 4'x8' wood or cement panel siding is specified but you can use any siding you like.
- Trim = 1x3 and 1x6 wood, masonite or cement trim materials are used to finish the corners, roof eves and facia, and door.
Detailed description of what is included in the 8x10 saltbox storage shed plans.
An 8x10 saltbox shed is a nice sized to help organize your yard tools, motorcycle, bikes or riding lawn mower. These storage shed plans will instruct you how to build a 8x10 saltbox storage shed. Our storage shed plans use a 8 1/2 x 11" page format so you can easily print them out on your home printer. All pages of the plans have dimensions on every part.
These are some shed plan page samples (they are not from the 8x10 saltbox shed plans)
Exterior Detail Plans
The exterior details are what gives the shed its look. Wood shed plans are typically trimmed with wood, masonite, cement or vinyl trim boards. The details sheet shows where to place the trim boards on the corners, door, roof eves and soffit. The standard trim is 1/2" x 3 1/2" and 1/2" x 5 1/2" masonite or cement or wood trim boards.
Foundation And Floor Framing Plan
The main foundation plan for our 8x10 saltbox storage shed is built using 6x6 pressure treated skids. These boards keep the floor off the ground and make the shed easier to move if necessary. There are also plans included that show how to build a Pre-Cast Pier Foundation, Slab Foundation and Building Section, Concrete Pier Foundation Plan and Section and Isometric, Concrete Pier Floor Framing Plan
Wall Framing Plans
The shed walls are framed using 2x4 lumber at 16" on center for the studs and top and bottom plates. They are sheeted with T-111 exterior siding. You can add other sidings such as stucco or stone to match your home if you like.
Roof Framing Plans
The roof is framed using simple 2x4's at 24" o.c. to stick frame the rafters. The plans give you the dimensions and cut angles so you can build the roof rafters on the ground and then put them up on the top plates. The roof is sheeted using 1/2" O.S.B.
Since the door is the only moving part on the shed it needs to be built strong. Our door plan shows you how to build a shed door that will outlive the shed. The shed door is built using a 2x4 inner frame faced on the inside with 1/2" O.S.B. and on the outside there is a layer of T-111 to match the rest of the shed. We use 3 hinges on the doors and the screws go into the inner 2x4 frame of the door to give extra strength.
FREE Shed Materials List (Click To Download and Print)